Okay, so I'm a bit late. It's mid January and I've just now decided to start writing my thoughts down. I don't feel overly eloquent tonight - as a matter of fact, I'm not even sure where to start. I had so many great thoughts the other day...but alas, never got to writing them down.
Perhaps I shall start by stating why I want to write my thoughts down. I have always been someone who thinks journals are an amazing thing, but I've never gotten around to it. When I hear that people 'blog' every day, or write in a journal every day, I'm envious that they take the time to do so. Some people are just so darn talented with words....as you have already seen, this is not me.
Basically, it has come down to this: over the past few months, I've allowed myself to plunge into a bit of a depression, and I think that journaling will perhaps assist me from falling further down. I'm actually on an upward turn now, so no time like the present. In addition, every once in a while, I have a fleeting thought that I think is worth writing down. I happen to have, what I consider, a very poor memory. So, if and when these fleeting thoughts come, if I don't write them down they are gone nearly as fast as they came.
So there it is. My first blog entry. Hmmm. Not much, but at least it is something. I'll throw a few photos on the blog so it feels more homey. I'll do that tomorrow. Right now, just a pat on my back for actually sitting down and writing SOMETHING. Beats sitting through Harry Potter (that is what my hubby and foster kid are doing right now)....I've just never been a fan. And yes, I realize that that makes me a minority in virtually any population in the western (and much of the eastern) world...I'm very happy for J.K. Rowling, but I just can't get into it. Suppose I should suffer through a bit of it - my crocheting will ease the pain...
No comments:
Post a Comment